Imagine a future where you use your expertise to deliver weather analytics products for our global team engaged in offshore wind farm design and installation
Join us in this role where you’ll be working in close collaboration with our asset projects, where your colleagues design and optimise the Offshore wind farms that we’re building. The short-term weather forecast is a strategic initiative that has direct impact in our design, installation, and operation. With your expertise, you’ll design applications and deliver analytics, utilising forecast data around wave, wind, currents, and other weather parameters.
Welcome to Wind Farm
You’ll be part of Data & Digital Products where you, together with your colleagues, will join a newly created team of data specialists where you’ll engage with internal and external stakeholders to utilise all the available data. The team is responsible for various wind farm support data covering seabed surveys, site weather measurements, cable monitoring, amongst other features. You’ll have a specific focus on weather forecast especially related to wind, wave, and lightning, turning the data you generate into actionable insights.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and maintaining a high-quality service related to weather forecast for our offshore wind farm projects
- undertaking a benchmark analysis for finding the best forecasting providers in our different geographical markets
- developing a structured overview of our data and services for our internal and external stakeholders
- developing a weather intelligence portal where all short-term forecast data and application will be available.
To succeed in the role, you:
- possess a relevant degree, at M.Sc. degree or similar
- have relevant experience with offshore weather forecasting
- are curious and eager to learn
- are a good communicator, with a service-minded approach to your stakeholders
- are proficient in SQL, scripting, e.g., in R or Python, and big data technologies.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.