Are you passionate about data modelling and do you want to be a part of data driven growth at the world’s largest jewelry brand?
Design high quality data and BI products for implementation on our Azure Paas data platform
@Pandora we are growing our Data & Analytics footprint. As our new data modeller you will collaborate with product owners, architects, engineers and other key profiles across the global organisation. You will help business verticals and clusters maximising the value of our data and drive business change as an impact of this.
Your primary focus will be designing data models for implementation on our global data platform.
Further to this you will:
- Work closely with your colleagues within product teams to design scalable, efficient and stable products.
- Implement design principles as guidelines into our development process and train engineering team
- Work closely with product owners and architects to design sustainable and flexible models to both support use cases but as well deliver to future requirements
- Obtain relevant business and system knowledge to convert requirements efficiently to technical design documentation and conceptual data modelling
- You will be able to design, understand and review Information Models, Data Models and data flow diagram and use them in designing the technical setup – both in databases, Integration and the environmental set up
- Live and breathe “build-once-consume-many” culture in which we enable others to use our data products as a self-service for maximum value-add
- Work with stakeholders and teams to assist with data-related technical challenges
- Participate in key projects as technical expert
- Follow best practice and existing guidelines but also push the limits
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and you get motivated by challenges as a true problem solver.
- Collaborate and engage with Pandora’s data platform team to identify, test and implement best feasible tooling for future data requirements
We are on a journey from IaaS based Microsoft/QV solutions to Azure PaaS with use of tools and solutions like ADF, Data lake, Synapse, Analysis Services and DataBricks.
Team player passionate about data and engineering
Some would say that you are a real team player, product oriented, can-do attitude and with good stakeholder management skills. You are structured and analytical, always aiming to achieve great results. Furthermore, you are a confident communicator and have the ability to explain your solution design and tailor the message according to the audience.
You’re perfect for this role if you have:
- Relevant education in within Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Information Management, or Statistics
- 3+ years of experience working as a data modeller for datawarehouse projects or similar
- 5+ years of experience working in the field of data engineering perhaps with BI
- Experience from modelling tools and processes and from working with both information models and physical model
- Experience in working with relational data sets using SQL
- Experience with datawarehousing, report layers, dimensional modelling and cubes
- Experience in working with Azure, AWS or other cloud providers
- Designed, built and delivered production ready data products at an enterprise level
- Strong analytical skill set with a clear business impact focus
- Highly proficient in English and able to communicate with all levels
- Agile mindset and experience of Scrum
Your new team
You will be an essential part of the data engineering organization and Pandora’s extended Data & Analytics community. You will work within the data product engineering team in a virtual and agile based organization as data modeller dedicated to selected delivery teams.
As we are a growing team, you will have the chance to influence our culture and working tools and work together with other data engineers, front-end engineers, architects, scrum masters, product owners and much more from Europe, India and Thailand.