Ea Energy Analyses is looking for a new colleague with a background in energy systems analyses and an understanding of energy systems, technologies, markets, and/or the energy regulatory environment. Someone who wants to be a part of an ambitious company that makes analyses with an impact on the energy transition in Denmark and globally.
Your primary tasks
Your primary tasks will be to work with a broad spectrum of projects addressing current and future energy system challenges. This includes using technical and economic scenario modelling, data manipulation and quantitative analysis. Examples of specific tasks include:
- Engaging in energy system analyses – could be at international, national, subnational down to plant level.
- Analysing new energy technologies, energy infrastructure, sector coupling, and system integration.
- Assessment of new frameworks and regulation in the energy field.
- System analyses of technical and economic consequences of policy measures applied influencing the energy systems.
Your professional background and experience
We are looking for a colleague who has:
- A background as an engineer, economist, energy planner, or similar.
- Experience in quantitative and complex analyses with an ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Experience with energy system modelling, e.g., Balmorel or LEAP.
- Good communication skills; can report and present the analyses and results in an effective way.
It is an advantage if you have experience with, or knowledge of, working with high quantities of data or modelling languages e.g., SQL, C#, GAMS. Similarly, a high level of Excel skills is also good to have. Additionally, experience of engaging with a broad spectrum of clients is a plus point.
You could be a recent graduate or have several years of experience, but it is important to us that you are curious and collaborative.
About the company
Ea Energy Analyses offers consulting and research services in energy and climate mitigation and adaptation. Our work involves analysing energy systems from technical, economic, and environmental perspectives, as well as energy and climate policy measures. We also prioritise assisting international policy makers with client-focused capacity building by sharing knowledge, insights, analyses, and recommendations. We provide guidance to energy companies, governments, and stakeholders on current regulatory frameworks and offer well-documented analyses based on credible data to support informed policy decisions.
Our operations span Denmark, the Nordic region, and around the globe, with project activities in Europe, North America, Asia, and Africa. We have extensive experience in developing scenario analyses, ranging from regional or country levels to a single municipality.
As a company, we are committed to keeping ahead of trends shaping the energy transition, continuously updating our methodologies, approaches, and models for analysing energy systems, markets, and regulatory environments. We utilise energy system models to simulate short and long-term possibilities and are the leading company in developing and using the Balmorel model.
Our team comprises 43 colleagues in a project-oriented company with employee influence and co-ownership. Our collaborative culture, informal tone, and high shared ambitions and professional ethics make us a robust team. We offer flexible working conditions, including remote work, time planning, and part-time work.