Are you an experienced leader within the data analytics domain? Would it motivate you to lead the data analytics transformation and support the digital transformation in a truly global company? Then look at this exciting opportunity to develop your career at Vestas, a market leader in sustainable energy!
The Service Analytics department is anchored within Business Improvement and the Head of Business Improvement reports to the Executive Vice President for Service. The department is globally responsible for enabling more than 10,000 employees in the Service organisation to make better decisions based on data by creating transparency and actionable insights for key decisions on the most common use cases across the value chain in Service. The actionable insights are primarily delivered through business intelligence visualisation tools, the output from advanced analytics models and material for senior management.
The department is a Center of Excellence in Service and responsible for enabling Data Analysts and Business Developers to efficiently and accurately perform data analysis supporting local needs. We are now looking for a Head of Data Science & BI Development to lead the development team, which is part of the Service Analytics department. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Analytics for Service.
In the role, you will be responsible for all development activities for analytical data products that the department owns, and the platform needed to support development and deployment. Through inspiring and professional leadership you will guide and coach your team and continuously focus on growing capabilities and skills to ensure that we are at the forefront in the energy sector in all aspects of what we do. Other key responsibilities are:
- Drive the data analytics transformation together with the Head of Analytics and support the digital transformation to capture the significant potential
- Set requirements on the Data and Analytical Platform together with the Functional Leads and collaborate with IT to ensure that the platforms match our needs
- Work with the Digital Transformation department to embed output from our products directly into the software that employees are using daily through APIs
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Analytics strategy
- Together with Functional Leads, train and coach the team and ensure that we identify where we can create the best impact
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the appropriate level of data governance and the creation of new data sources from turbine monitoring or workflows to continuously grow the impact of our products
On a professional level, we expect you to have the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree within STEM area or Business Administration with relevant specialisation
- Minimum 10 years of experience within the data analytics domain in a large global company
- Proven experience in leading a data analytics development team, taking machine learning models from development to deployment with significant business impact in a DataOps/MLOps setup
- Experience working with IOT data in an operational context is a plus
- Experience from industrial manufacturing, industrial service business or the energy sector would be an advantage
- Fluency in English, both verbally and in writing
On a personal level, we expect you to have the following competencies:
- Curious, self-motivated and focused on creating significant impact with great results
- Innovative problem-solver with the ability to adapt to new/changing situations
- Ability to build positive relations and handle stakeholders at all levels in a multi-cultural matrix organisation
- Ability to work with both highly technical and business-oriented leaders, and translate technical topics into value for the business
- Business-minded and understanding of technical and process-related issues and opportunities
- Professional facilitator and great communicator
What we offer
We offer an exciting position with great opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment within the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We value collaboration, simplicity and accountability together with enthusiasm and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.