If you can perform business intelligence, and you are looking for a job where you can unfold your skills to support a greater good, you have it right here.
As an internationally reputed elite university, DTU is at the forefront of innovation related to “the sustainable transition”. At the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (DTU Biosustain), we are specifically looking for new ways to support sustainable chemical production, and that is why we need you and all of your good skills across market intelligence and partnering.
The potential of the project is enormous, with a global perspective, to create technologies that will contribute towards sustainable bio-based chemical production – just like your opportunities for learning and development. Please note that the position is a projects assignment and will end by 31.12.2023.
Advise strategies to the innovation team
Your job is to support the vision of sustainable chemical production. You will do so, by designing and developing strategies for innovation to guide the R&D activities of bio-based technologies for the global chemical industry. Specifically, you will be responsible to evaluate potential for innovative products at early stages of development to screen and subsequently optimize these to address the mutual needs of society and the requirements from stakeholders.
Your primary tasks will be to:
- Actively involved in the development of bio-based production of chemicals.
- Recommending innovative strategies and business models, working closely with our partners.
- Perform market intelligence to gather know-how to support the innovation. You will be our liaison between the research groups and the market.
- Communicate on a regular basis with our in-house subject-matter experts, with-regards to understanding intellectual property, economic viability and impacts on environment.
- You will be responsible to decipher complex datasets gathered during market search and use computational skills (in Python, R or similar) to screen relevant findings.
- Support the ideation process with inspiring thoughts, relevant facts and complementary analysis.
- Create crystal-clear presentations and comprehensive reports. You must be able to effectively communicate the key outcomes with our partners.
- Proactively coordinate research activities, discussions and event/conference visits.
Your ideas and input e.g. new methods, tools and analysis are highly welcomed.
Education in a technical domain and experience with business intelligence
We are looking for a profile with the motivation and drive needed for making a difference that matters. As you will join a multidisciplinary team. Hence, you must bring a flexible and adaptable mindset. Additionally, you must like to create results via collaboration with people with different professional and cultural backgrounds. To succeed, it is also important that you thrive on making decisions based on limited information. Additionally, your CV comprises of:
- Education (masters or PhD) as an engineer or in a scientific discipline, e.g. Biotechnology, Chemical, Industrial or natural sciences
- Previous experience in a technology assessment or an innovation team (involving business plan and/or sustainable impact assessment) in a large company, small and medium-sized enterprises (SME’s) or a start-up.
- Proven track-record of performing market intelligence. You must be capable of using computational tools such as Python, R or advanced VBA in excel.
- Excellent data interpretation and presentation skills. Previous experience with dashboards such as Tableau® or Power BI® will be advantageous to have.
- You have 2+ years of experience in interacting with stakeholders to understand their needs and iterating with suggestions to propel innovation.
Sustainable Innovation Office – your new team
You will join a small and agile team of four skilled and dedicated professional. Our focus is to guide innovation at an early stage by assessing benefits (economic, environmental and societal) of developed bio-based technologies. Our goal is to develop sustainable technologies that lead to strategic collaborations and commercial packages. Our work environment is informal and characterised by knowledge sharing, respect, trust and room for having a good time together – naturally balanced with creating tangible results. Now we are just looking forward to welcoming you to the team.