Do you have experience with the newest and upcoming technologies, platforms and trends that can be exploited to create new business models or radically change current processes? Are you also looking for new challenges and are motivated by?
- Working in cross-functional teams
- Modernizing current drug development processes by focusing on more data-driven approaches
- Seeking out entirely new opportunities for business in dermatology using platform technologies which are data-driven at its core
- Having an entrepreneurial approach to achieve your goals and take a frugal approach to develop proof of concepts that prime projects for further investment of resources
- Playing a key role in a dynamic team.
Then you are the Lead Data Engineer we are looking for!
We can offer you a job with lots of responsibilities, impact and more of it all, if you have the talent and are ambitious.
Who are we?
You will join a company that has embarked on a very ambitious journey to become the world´s preferred dermatology care partner– and that is why we need you.
At LEO Pharma we have recently formed a new unit in Global Research & Development to bring data-driven processes into our critical business paths, building data systems and applications to support decision making in our current industrial processes and drive new business opportunities. We serve a two-fold purpose modernizing current drug development processes by focusing on more data-driven approaches and seeking out entirely new opportunities for business in dermatology using platform technologies which are data-driven at its core.
You will work in a cross-functional team built from subject matter experts and technical experts. The team will be responsible for building and delivering use cases to support a data driven R&D. As part of the new unit you and the team around you are responsible for building smart and sustainable data products in close collaboration with the end users. Interaction with other departments is very strong, using both shared projects and actual job rotations to foster cooperation and people development.
You will become part of a team with a pleasant and flexible work environment, a team that have full speed ahead whilst staying open minded and social.
Who are you?
You are an end-to-end problem solver who prefers to use the right tool for the job in close collaboration with your peers. You have experience supporting and handling data and users within an open source toolkit, dealing with multiple data sources, and supplying end users with systems and applications running in production. You are familiar with different databases and know your way around exporting data out of legacy source systems. On a daily basis you will be working focused and agile on a project-by-project basis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding business needs and translating these into tangible solutions that can transform the present way of working
- Leading the technology development and utalisation in the team and across LEO Pharma
- Leading the building of great solutions, and the ability and desire to help the company and the team continuously improve towards excellence.
- Ensure a smooth data flow between various legacy systems
- Drive initiatives that enhance current setup or extend capabilities based on a team roadmap
- Contribute to the team’s overall roadmap and day to day tasks
Preferred qualifications and experience :
- Proven track record of working with distributed production IT systems supporting data pipelines and processing
- Proficient on the Linux command line as well as with cloud service providers
- Working experience in the Open Source space, supporting in-house use of Open Source components and frameworks
- Linux networking and security expertise
- Be comfortable writing and developing in Python
- Have exposure to languages such as Scala, Rust, C++, or Java
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment environments
- Experience with deployment of machine learning models.
The requirements listed above are considered as necessary in order to be successful in this position.
The following qualifications/experience would be a plus
- Experience with working agile as a developer
- Management of multiple Linux flavors (ubuntu, centos, FreeBSD, Red Hat)
- Data pipeline management tools (Storm, NiFi, Kafka Streams, Kinetics, Spark Pipelines, Airflow, Glue)
- General DevOps capabilities (CI/CD, docker, deployment pipelines)
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Code and large-scale application deployment and management
- Creating solution architectures for availability, performance and cost
- Experience with or interest in IoT/sensor-to-cloud
- Experience with configuration management systems (one of Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar) and container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Mesosphere, Docker Swarm)
Over all you are curious by nature, and you like to experiment when it comes to new technologies.