Do you want to be part of one of the world’s leading steel companies; a mastodon in the heavy industry? NLMK Europe Plate are striving to become best-in-class among the European Steel Plate suppliers, in order to outperform competitors and to drive growth tin the coming years. If you have the professional weight and the right structured personality then we have a challenging opportunity for you as our new Market Analyst.
NLMK Europe Plate (Steel Plate Mills: NLMK DanSteel in Denmark, NLMK Clabecq in Belgium and NLMK Verona in Italy) have launched a Marketing and Business Intelligence department as part of its new strategy for the Commercial Organization.
The new Marketing and Business Intelligence department are currently looking to transform the way that we use data to make better-informed business decisions. For this to happen, NLMK Europe Plate are looking to hire a Market Analyst no. 2, at our Business Unit in Frederiksvaerk, Denmark.
Together with the Marketing & Business Intelligence team members, our two Market Analysts will be the anchor point for data analysis for the three European plate mills, and thus ensuring one single source of truth for business-critical information.
About the job
In the role as Market Analyst, you will need to leverage data for business benefit and provide actionable insights. In reality, this means understanding the data landscape, what is and what is not available, selecting the best tools to interrogate the data, and through analysis, recognize the trends and patterns seen in order to deliver insight that answers business questions from the commercial organization.
Your essential tasks will be:
- Focus on data collection and analysis, using standard formulas and methods, and acting as gatekeepers of the commercial organization’s data.
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders, or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives business performance.
- Maintain ongoing reporting that paints a picture of the current status for the three NLMK Europe plate mills. Through data seek to identify trends, i.e. what stories do the numbers tell, what business decisions can be made based on these insights etc.
- Create visual representations, such as charts and graphs to better showcase what the data reveals.
- Ability to understand the business operations as a whole and translate questions into effective analysis based on the goals behind the specific asks.
- Communicate findings effectively and translate them into recommended actions appropriate for each area of the business.
- You will also spend more time in Excel than you would have thought, so enjoying crunching vast amounts of data into tables and charts is definitely essential in the role as Market Analyst.
About you and your strong profile
The right candidate has a minimum of 3 years of experience with data analyzing and has a relevant higher education at master or bachelor level in business finance, economist, engineering or related fields.
Experience designing and building automated reporting dashboards with a data visualization tool such as Tableau or similar, will be an advantage.
You are motivated by comfortable deconstructing complex and open-ended problems, which may not yield a clear-cut solution.
We emphasize that you can work independently and take responsibility for initiated activities. You have a structured working method that ensures overview and quality in a busy and exciting everyday life.
Your communication skills (both verbal and written English) are excellent. Your Excel skills are on advanced level.
You will be part of an international team of 7 to 8 employees, consisting of 1 Head of
Marketing & Business Intelligence, 3 in Business Intelligence & Development, 2 in Market Analysis, 1 in Operational Marketing, and 1 in Innovation & Projects.
Your will report to the Director of Marketing & Business Intelligence.
We appreciate an informal social interaction and a good relationship in a workplace where everyone is invited to take an extra turn when needed.
On the other hand, we benefit from good employment conditions; a thorough introduction, job training and continuing education are of course part of the package, which also contains other attractive staff benefits.