As part of the digitalisation of early research at Novo Nordisk we are looking for an outstanding candidate with a strong background in computational science and natural language processing (NLP) who can bring value to the organisation by turning text into data for analysis and insights, via application of NLP and analytical methods.
This is an exciting position where you will help scientists in the early research organisation to transform their decision-making from a document-centric view of finding documents and reading them, to a data-centric view of uncovering new insights by the use of natural language processing-based text mining. This will help the researchers to overcome the limitations of unstructured data and uncover previously hidden relationships.
This is your chance to join forces with a competent information research department and help democratize external and internal scientific information and data. The position offers you a unique combination of science and information research.
About the department and area
You will join 20 dedicated colleagues within the Novo Nordisk Global Information and Analysis department (GLIA), which offers a worldwide information service and scientific intelligence function to Research & Early Development (R&ED) , at headquarter and affiliates.
Our purpose is to provide modern digital solutions to the organisation and to ensure that internal customers have easy and global access to quality information sources and professional information research services supporting their needs.
GLIA is part of a new area, Digital Research & Intelligence (DRI), which is being established to provide a modern scientific intelligence unit, drive external collaborations and access to emerging technologies in the digital space of drug discovery, facilitate idea maturation and develop an educational framework to drive our digital journey.
Digital & Research Intelligence is part of Digital Science & Innovation (DSI), which was recently established to drive digitalisation across R&ED. DSI participates in drug development projects across the value chain, from early discovery to pre-clinical development.
You will work as a NLP specialist and be a key expert within your field. By combining NLP text mining, artificial intelligence, mechanistic modelling and knowledge graphs you will help scientists in early research to extract key information from unstructured text, rapidly and effectively, to provide decision support. You will be working with textual documents of multiple format like scientific literature, patents, patient literature, internal safety reports, drug labels, clinical trial data, social media, electronic health records, Google slides, Electronic Lab Notebooks etc.
- Development of algorithms for information extraction
- Relationship extraction/semantic similarities, summarization, Natural Language inference
- Neural network models for language understanding tasks like BERT, GTP-3 etc
- Evaluate the performance of neural models and validate the accuracy of extracted knowledge
- Support GLIA and relevant part of DSI with knowledge enriching analysis results via natural language generation
- Work closely with relevant Digital Science & Innovation teams to translate best-performance techniques into production
- Responsible for presentation and reporting of scientific results
- Participate in line/digital projects progression with strong NLP and knowledge graph expertise
- Encourage, propose and participate in projects boosting the use of advanced text mining and knowledge graphs
We are looking for a highly motived person preferable with a PhD in Computer Science, AI, Computational Linguistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics or similar. Further we expect you to have the skills and expertise listed below:
- Profound knowledge of Deep Learning methods applied to NLP
- Strong Experience with Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning technologies
- Demonstrated strong track recrod of development and applying NLP solutions
- Excellent written, verbal presentation and graphical communication skills with great depth of experience of collateral development, formal documentation, presentation development and delivery
- Effective communication skills with the desire to work with a dispersed team across multiple time zones
- Attention to detail, diligent and tenacious
- High degree of personal motivation and ability to self-manage
Title and conditions are evaluated based on the individual experience and contribution .