Ready to use your Power BI expertise to become our key technical resource? And would you like to act as a trusted partner and sounding board to local and department Power BI Super Users who develop content on our new platform?
“You’ll be instrumental in setting up our self-service platform from the get-go, putting your stamp on all aspects of our new tool. You’ll also earn great exposure around the organization and have a high impact on the way we choose to do things,” explains Jesper Andersen, Head of Data Insights & Advanced Analytics, whom you will be reporting to.
Join a team of experts to help shape our new self-service platform
At GN, our mission is to be the leader in intelligent audio solutions – from smart hearing aids to advanced headsets and true wireless earbuds. Joining our Data Insights and Advanced Analytics team in Group IT, you will become part of a growing team consisting of 8 colleagues based at our HQ in Ballerup and 10 colleagues working out of our office in Manila. Together, we provide our business units with first-class reporting and analytical solutions to support their continuous development and growth.
We want to make it easier for employees – from executives to frontline workers – to get useful business insights from data, and we are therefore in the process of implementing self-service BI capabilities. Thus, our goal is to provide our colleagues across GN with modern and intuitive reporting and analytical tools working on top of a solid data foundation. We are rolling out Power BI as a new self-service BI tool across the organization, and this is where we need you.
Manage and develop our Power BI platform
Stepping into this key role, you will manage the Power BI platform in cooperation with the team’s Front-End BI Architect. Coordinating its development and determining how we best enable self-service BI, you will also be shaping the service as you design and implement corporate BI solutions in Power BI.
Moreover, you will:
- Review and certify Power BI solutions in accordance with our self-service BI principles
- Support our Power BI Super Users and participate in our Power BI Super User Forum
- Proactively monitor developments and updates to the Power BI service from Microsoft and evaluate impact on our platform
- Develop and maintain best practice documents for Power BI development
- Coordinate Power BI training across GN
Solid Power BI insights and great communication skills
With a strong business acumen, you focus on delivering value in your solutions. You know how to motivate, coach and act as sounding board to our business in order to determine various needs and thus – of course – you excel at cross-functional cooperation. Moreover, you bring:
- A relevant degree within IT, engineering, finance or a similar field
- Experience managing Power BI, incl. Power BI Premium and Power BI Gateways
- Experience with report and dashboard development in Power BI, ideally including paginated reports
- Experience with data preparation and modelling and knowledge of data visualization and dashboard design
- Solid knowledge of DAX and SQL
- Excellent communication skills in English