Imagine a future where you help set the digitally enabled trading agenda in the world’s most sustainable company as part of a young team of mixed genders and nationalities
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for delivering data analysis, Python applications, and predictive and prescriptive models to enable smarter and faster decisions in the short-term energy markets.
Welcome to Power Portfolio
You’ll be part of Short-Term Trading Optimization where you, together with your colleagues, will provide the Market Operations desk with tools, analyses, and algorithms to support the journey towards full automation, as well as supporting other stakeholders within Markets with your quantitative skills. The team is based in Gentofte, close to Copenhagen, but we’re open to applicants based in the United Kingdom as well as Germany.
You’ll play an important role in:
- taking part in developing methods and tools for supporting both operational tasks and digitally enabled trading
- delivering high-quality data analyses, including backtesting of trading strategies and profit/loss calculations
- helping ensure the daily delivery of high-quality short-term forecasts of gas and power production, consumption, and prices
- taking part in the development of Python packages and applications based on data.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have completed a degree within computer science, engineering, data science, mathematics, statistics, physics, or other quantitative-focused disciplines
- have good Python coding skills and understanding of Git for version control – knowledge of technologies such as Azure Cloud or Kubernetes as well as experience in software development are a plus
- have a passion for, and maybe experience in, applying analytical methods and machine learning models to solve business challenges
- adapt well to change and are constantly looking to challenge the norms to do things better
- thrive in an international, informal environment, speak and write English fluently, and are good at explaining complex matters in a simple way.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.