Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social – two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Would you be excited to join our growing team of analytics experts? Tradeshift is looking for a savvy Data Engineer who will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. As a Data Engineer, you will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts, and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. To achieve this, you should be an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. We expect you to be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even redesigning our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives. We value individuals who are self-directed and comfortable with supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
What a day is like:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Sales, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Informatics or relevant experience
- 4+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role or Senior Software Engineer role
- Experience with supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with object-oriented and functional/scripting languages
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
- Experience with AWS cloud services like EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- It’s a plus if you have worked with:
- orchestration: Terraform, Kubernetes
- big data: Hadoop, Spark
- data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow
- stream-processing systems: Kafka, Flink, Spark Streaming
- analytics tools: Jupyter, Zeppelin, Domo, Tableau, Looker
- data integration platforms: Mulesoft, Talend
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.