Do you believe technology is key to solving the climate change challenge?
Aker Carbon Capture is a dedicated carbon capture technology (CCUS) company that offers a reliable, field-proven and HSE-friendly way of removing emissions from industrial sources. Our patented solutions serve a range of carbon-emitting industries including cement, blue hydrogen, bio/waste-to-energy, refineries and steel. Through our portfolio of projects across Europe, we are mitigating the environmental cost of industrial activity for a cleaner, more sustainable future.
Our market potential grows daily as a rising number of customers look to CCUS and our company to solve their emissions challenges. Aker Carbon Capture is one of the few companies globally that has extensive knowledge of the entire CCUS value chain. We have more than a dozen ongoing projects, from concept studies to large EPC, and are tackling our biggest challenge yet: delivering the ground-breaking carbon capture plant at the Norcem cement factory in Brevik, Norway. This will be the world’s first CO2-capture facility at a cement plant.
Are you ready to work with us to realise the enormous potential CCUS has in making a lasting, positive impact on our environment?
- Contribute to research, development and innovation (RD&I), studies and project execution with technical expertise within data science, data operations (DataOps) and machine learning
- Identify relevant data sources for business needs and collect structured and unstructured data
- Build predictive models using machine learning algorithms and other methods in close collaboration with domain experts
- Analysing data for trends and patterns and to find answers to specific questions
- Support the cross-disciplinary DataOps team to set up data infrastructure and develop, implement and maintain databases in the company
- Generate and visualize information and insights from data sets and identifying trends and patterns
Who are you?:
- PhD/Master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, chemical/process engineering (or similar)
- 3-5 years’ of relevant experience
- Strong mathematical & numeracy skills
- Good knowledge of relevant programming languages (e.g. Python)
- Experience from collecting and transforming data into meaningful results
- Experience from building and using machine learning algorithms in technical or industrial settings
- Knowledge of thermodynamical modelling and/or process simulation is considered beneficial
- Experience and knowledge of agile working methods are considered beneficial
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Self-driven and motivated with a passion for environmental projects
- Flexible regarding work tasks and possible practical field work, as required
- Creative mindset
Why Aker Carbon Capture?
Aker Carbon Capture represents a possibility to take an active role in the industrial energy transition. We believe carbon capture is essential to reach the goals of the Paris Agreement. The role is important in supporting Aker Carbon Capture to help the industry meet its carbon capture obligations. As our colleague, you will be given opportunities and responsibility to develop with our company. We can offer a dynamic and challenging environment in a growing ESG company
Aker Carbon Capture is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity
The job is preferably located in Norway or Denmark but candidates from any other location with a similar time zone are welcome to apply.