We seek a Student Assistant who is passionate on bringing value out of data. You are structured when gathering information and conceptualizing it in analytical reports, and are skilled at communicating the results.
What are you going to do?
As Student Assistant, you will be working with:
- Data extraction, Data cleaning, data handling, data quality control, and their automation
- Developing clear, visually appealing PowerBI reports and visualizations
- Analytical assignments and support for various applications
- Basic statistical analysis
- Ad-hoc data analytic tasks in general
Who are you?
We imagine that you:
- Currently studying an academic degree (Data Science/IT/information systems, or similar)
- Have experience in data visualization: Excel charts, Power BI, Power Pivot, or similar
- Have experience with Python
- Have experience with querying data (SQL)
- Have experience with ETL procedures (Extract, Transform, Load)
- Are comfortable with Microsoft Excel (filters, pivot tables, lookup formulas) and Microsoft Office in general
- Fluent in English
- We expect you to work between 2-3 days a week while we offer flexible working hours, especially in periods of exams and projects.
How is your new team/area of business?
We create order from chaos and enjoy seeing our products support the business. We have an informal tone in our team and like to test our ideas and questions with each other – aiming on providing the best solution to the business.
We are a team with a wide network, as we have stakeholders in many departments. We provide facts for business decisions and methods for data insights, e.g. for new digital business requirements.
Our department works in the triangle of enterprise architecture, data analytics, and project management, bridging business and IT to provide solutions that extends across multiple business units in MAN Energy Solutions.
Who are MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto “Future in The Making”, because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- An opportunity to implement many topics learn about at school – full support along the way
- An international and professional environment filled with energy
- A possible work employment until the end of your studies
- Satisfactory remuneration in line with competences
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Student Network
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Great flexibility
About the Student Network
The MAN Student Network is a community made for students by students at MAN Energy Solutions Denmark. The network has the purpose of connecting students in Denmark with the benefit of establishing strong academic and social relationships across group departments, but also as an opportunity to expand the academic network, which ultimately may prove to provide the first full scale step toward a future career at MAN Energy Solutions.
The students within the network have the opportunity to provide recommendations and improvements and actively affect the concept of this network.