As our new student assistant, you will develop an expertise in interpreting and analysing complex data, whilst getting insight in business technical operations on a global scale.
With your analytical skills you will drive compliance, performance monitoring and maintenance governance across the fleet of a global company. Key aspects of the position entail developing and managing the Technical KPIs of our fleet, setting up optimization tools for monitoring the performance of the vessels, and ensuring global compliance to our standard technical processes.
You will be joining a dynamic, international, and growth-focused company. We are an industry leader working to maintain our leading position by transforming the markets in which we operate. We offer the right candidate the opportunity of continuous professional development, both within Svitzer and across Maersk.
The role is based at our Head Office in Copenhagen, where you will join the Technical Management department. You will be reporting to the Evangelos, and act as support for the Group’s standard reporting processes ensuring fleet compliance, technical and operational performance measurement.
The Technical Management team sets direction, monitor, and coordinate global technical activities for 450 vessels operating all over the world. The team is lean with a flat structure in a performance driven culture where you will be given significant independence to shape your role and contributions to the performance of the team and our Company.
Being a student in Svitzer means that you become part of a student network both within Svitzer but also part of the greater Students @Maersk with lots of social activities.
You will be working approx. 20 hours a week.
You will be working closely with colleagues both in Copenhagen and across the globe, to deliver the following responsibilities:
• Monitor and ensure compliance of Group Technical KPIs in relation to the Operations (OPS) Balanced Scorecard.
• Following up and ensuring completion and compliance of the Monthly Vessel Report used worldwide to monitor the vessels’ performance.
• Data Analytics and Compliance: Monitor and suggest improvements to the Group Technical Standard Processes within Svitzer.
• Create optimization tools in Excel, Power BI etc. which will help automise the work required to monitor fleet performance. This includes optimization of functionality of current Excel builds, identifying opportunities to automate and display various performance optimization areas, creation of monitoring tools to facilitate automatization, etc.
• Take part and actively provide ideas on how to shape a new business warehouse / business intelligence set up within Svitzer.
• Strategic Project Support and Ad hoc analysis support: Support the CTO and other colleagues in any other special projects / tasks that might arise.
We are looking for
You are a confident, energetic person who approaches tasks with a high level of engagement. You are fluent in verbal and written English. You are self-driven and equipped with a desire to drive and complete projects efficiently without compromising on quality.
• You are actively enrolled in a University programme and eligible to work in Denmark
• Preferably you are studying a Master’s degree in Engineering, Analytics, Finance, Operations Excellence, Business Administration, or Strategy
• You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• You are an advanced user of the Microsoft Office package (particularly with Excel) and are familiar with Power BI
• You enjoy taking ownership, responsibility, and you are entrepreneurial about finding ways to improve the business and its operations
• You thrive in a busy work environment and are motivated by the international scope of our business
• You preferably have some relevant work experience, e.g. from a previous student positions
• You have some experience from stakeholder management as you are likely to end up in dialogues with colleagues from both on- and offshore (incl. Senior Management)
• You have a desire to create optimization tools for automating various manual tasks across the Technical Organization
In Svitzer we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability, or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
We look forward to hearing from you!