We are looking for a Student Assistant to support our activities in our Social and Humanitarian team, which is responsible for the Novo Nordisk Foundation’s social initiatives in Denmark as well as humanitarian and development aid initiatives in developing countries.
As Student Assistant you will become part of the Social & Humanitarian department, which consists of 6 ambitious and dedicated full-time employees and two student assistants working on both social initiatives and humanitarian and development initiatives.
We are now looking for a student assistant to support the team with different analytical and administrative tasks.
According to the Novo Nordisk Foundation’s 2019-2023 strategy, the thematic foci of the social area are healthy weight and learning opportunities for children and young people. In the humanitarian area, youth empowerment and non-communicable diseases (NCDs) are the main focus areas, especially focused on the countries affected by the Syrian crisis and Eastern Africa.
As Student Assistant you will provide general support to the Social and Humanitarian team together with another student assistant. You will have a broad range of tasks including everything from e.g. preparation of presentations, analysis of data and practical support with day-to-day tasks.
This will include:
- Ad hoc support on projects, programmes and partnerships
- Assist with fact finding, data collection/registration and analytical work
- Assist with PowerPoint presentations
- Assist with coordination and booking of meetings and minutes writing
- Various administrative tasks
The working hours will be approximately 8-10 hours a week with flexibility in relation to your studies. You are two student assistants in the team and will usually divide the days between you.
Professional and Personal Qualifications
We are looking for a person who possess the right professional skills as well as a true interest within the field of both social initiatives and humanitarian aid and is eager to help people both in Denmark and around the world.
Furthermore, we expect you to be:
- On the 3rd year of a bachelor’s degree or just initiated a master’s degree, e.g. political science, international relations, social science or related field
- A super user in the MS Office package and particularly in PowerPoint
- Proficient in both spoken and written English and Danish
As a person you are:
- Thorough, systematic and have a high attention to detail
- Diligent, creative and hardworking
- A strong team player who can both initiate and finish tasks independently
- Flexible and meets deadlines
- Interested in learning and building your professional network within the field of both social initiatives and humanitarian and international development work
Working at the Novo Nordisk Foundation
We offer a committed and professional workplace in which we emphasize ensuring that our colleagues thrive, are challenged and have opportunities to develop their potential. A career at the Novo Nordisk Foundation gives you the opportunity to work:
- on important projects that benefit society;
- with key actors within research and development in Denmark;
- and as part of a dedicated team that is passionate about creating value for society.