Do you have an interest in the latest technology and thrive in an exciting, innovative environment? Then join KPMG NewTech, where we deliver state-of-the-art business consulting and technology solutions to our clients. We are seeking a student with amazing skills within machine learning and data analytics to join our prototyping team in developing new solutions.
A social team with room for new ideas and a true enthusiasm for tech
KPMG NewTech is at the forefront of technology innovation. We are a dedicated team directing both the strategic and implementation agenda for all things related to Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Conversational AI (Voice- and Chatbots), FinTech & xTech, Machine Learning (and other AI), the Internet of Things, Virtual Assistants, Blockchain and Digital Strategy – amongst others. We work across all industry verticals and provide value to some of the largest and most complex companies in Denmark.
Although we are tech-oriented nerds, we engage in of social activities together. Besides Friday bars and the occasional team dinner, we have a large variety of social clubs in NewTech such as Bulking Beastmode (workout group), Into the wild (outdoor life) and Book club. New clubs are always welcome and you can almost be certain to find likeminded people in our fast growing team.
As a Junior Associate in our team, you will leverage the latest technologies within machine learning to develop prototypes from our growing backlog. There will be tremendous opportunity to build fundamental skills as well as insight into the latest and most inspiring technologies. You will also have the opportunity to work with clients and work on projects at the client’ location.
We strive to work with the newest models and methods and we encourage you to help us expand our horizon and bring new knowledge to the team. Your creativity is appreciated and you will be a fundamental part of designing and selecting models and technologies for our projects. We want to hear your ideas and empower you to implement exciting projects using innovative technology. You will learn and grow quickly by working hands-on with our market-leading teams within our global network of expertise.
Typical activities could include:
- creating mathematical and statistical models for our upcoming prototypes and client projects within areas such as fraud-detection, NLP and time-series forecasting
- ensuring model performance of our solutions
- supporting our Machine Learning team on client engagements
- productionizing our solutions
- support in identifying and designing ideas for future prototypes
Our team works with many diverse types of technologies and services, so you will get broad exposure to the exciting change happening in the business world. You will have a lot to say in terms of which areas you will be working within and which tasks you will get.
The workload for this position is approximately 15-20 hours per week with flexibility during exam periods.
About you, our newest team member
We imagine that you:
- are pursuing a BSc. or MSc. Degree in Artificial Intelligence & Data, Mathematics, Data Science, Physics, Mathematics and Economics or similar
- are proficient in Python. We are almost only using Python for model development
- have data handling and visualization skills
- have experience with Git, GitHub and/or GitLab
We would also appreciate if you have experience with some of the following:
- Databases – PostgreSQL, sqlite, etc
- Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Web protocols (POST/GET requests)
- Backend development
- any additional programming language (C based, Java, HTML, etc.)
As a person, you:
- are motivated, curious and a problem-solver
- are excited to try out and implement new technologies in our prototypes and at our clients
- thrive in an innovative environment
- are creative, independent, reliable and methodical
- value working in a team since you will be working on projects together with the prototyping team as well as with consultants from the ML team
- are able to communicate clearly with clients and colleagues