Are you a data analyst who
As a Technical Data Analyst at Maersk Broker, in the Valmetrics team, your job will have the main focus on combining layers of data to extract meaningful, timely analysis. Repetitive work is not for everyone; however, the knowledge gained from analysing ship prices is exciting and interesting!
With Maersk Broker, you will become part of a global shipbroking company with over a century of experience, a worldwide presence, and an unrivalled dedication to customers.
You will join our newest line of products called Valmetrics, an asset valuation platform that empowers shipping professionals in their investment decision making. The latter can be done via four key models: Market measures, Valuations, Investment analysis and Price level analysis.
You will play a key role in the continued development of a strategic focus area. You will provide our clients and global organisation with up-to-date data and market intelligence, including market demand, trade patterns, deployment trends, charter rates and vessel prices.
Furthermore, this position is very flexible regarding working hours and whether you work from home or in the office. You will work close with a UK based colleague and shipping is a 24/7 business, thus with teamwork and responsibility, you will have the freedom to plan your working hours accordingly. We know that our employees have a life outside of work and prioritise and promote a healthy work-life balance despite the busy nature of shipbroking.
In Copenhagen, we operate from our office at Midtermolen where we enjoy the proximity to Østerbro station, the harbour and sea. We have our own canteen serving freshly made food every day, Wednesday workouts, changing facilities and occasional social events such as Friday bar every now and then.
As a Technical Data Analyst, your key responsibilities will be:
- Overseeing weekly (soon DAILY) valuation/depreciation model updates. Sometimes re-estimating results, confirming significance and tracking outdated ship features. These models are alive, and we need to keep up with the ever-changing market.
- Performing yearly recalculations to make sure models are still relevant to market conditions.
- Ongoing check of valuations vs transactions and full knowledge of the DBs, reporting any errors of transactions if missed previously.
- Make sure we stay up to date with the best currently available information. (ex. the market measure has been upgraded and is more accurately reported to a specific segment, need to be able to implement such changes with developers in a timely manner.)
- Even though not the top priority, it is important to be able to present information in a readable, cohesive format.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a committed and independent colleague who is organized and structured and has a passion for ensuring presenting correct data in a timely manner. Moreover, we imagine that you are/have:
- Experience as Data Analyst, however, passion for the subject and ability to learn quickly is more important than extensive experience.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques Matlab proficiency will be greatly appreciated here, as all code is written in Matlab, and any checks and recalculations are done there.
- Strong knowledge of databases in SQL is required.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (EViews etc.).
- Communication and reporting skills are important to share your analysis and knowledge.
- Background in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Want to join our Valmetrics team?
Only applications received through our job portal will be taken into consideration – please apply via the link below. Please be aware that only candidates with a valid work permit for Denmark will be taken into consideration.
We will conduct screenings and interviews on an ongoing basis, so please send your application at your earliest convenience. If you have a University Diploma, please enclose a copy stipulating which courses you have taken.
Feel free to reach out to the hiring manager (contact details below) if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to hearing from you!